Mission and vision
Mission and vision
Universidad de Antioquia is a public university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence, the production and dissemination of knowledge, and the preservation of cultural heritage.
In 2016, UdeA will be a leading research university both nationally and internationally and will offer undergraduate and graduate programs that meet the highest international standards of academic excellence. The University will continue to promote a supportive environment for diversity and dialogue.
- Produce, develop, disseminate and use knowledge as a way to solve the problems and needs of the local, regional and national community.
- Provide students with a broad scientific, humanistic and ethical background and prepare them to work as a team member and independently, as well as providing them with the skills necessary for successful career development and to effectively lead change processes.
- Encourage students to deepen their understanding and knowledge of arts and culture, as well as their appreciation of work and the community values.
- Strengthen the University’s reputation as a leader in research, technology, arts, economics and politics as well as its commitment to ethics.
- Work closely with other universities nationwide in order to improve research, teaching and extension activities.
- Strive to improve the quality of education by means of innovative research, updating and professionalization processes.
- Promote international relationships and collaboration.
- Create collaborative academic learning communities that work closely with their peers both nationally and abroad.
- Promote environmental preservation and responsible use of resources as well as an eco-friendly culture by implementing appropriate research, teaching and extension activities.
- Promote research, dissemination and preservation of regional and national cultural heritage.
- Promote the development of teaching methods that foster critical and creative thinking as well as improve discipline and productivity among students.
- Implement programs aimed at fostering socially responsible entrepreneurship in both the public and the private sector.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of the various aspects of the University's academic and administrative environments.
- Promote a culture of respect for human rights by fostering an environment conducive to ongoing social development.
- Disseminate scientific, technological, literary and artistic information via information and communication technologies.
Universidad de Antioquia is governed by several corporate bodies including the Board of Trustees, the Academic Council, the Rector’s office, the Deans and Vice deans, the Faculty Council, the directors of the various departments across the University, as well as other bodies and authorities established by the statutes and regulations of the University.
The Office of International Affairs at Universidad de Antioquia is one of the University’s key vehicles of internationalization. It aims to promote international collaboration through a broad and innovative portfolio of academic, research, and cultural activities, while contributing to the delivery of the University’s enhancement priorities for teaching and learning.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57+4] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57+4] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2018