The Parcero program led by UdeA’s International Affairs Office is designed to help international students settle in and adjust to life in Medellín.
The program was created in 2010, on the initiative of Mathang Seshagiri, an Indian student who together with three UdeA freshmen came up with the idea of an international buddy program. The International Affairs Office is responsible for overseeing and implementing the program while ensuring that the program will continue to improve as the number of international students grows.
How do I apply?
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact a program coordinator through email
Luisa Fernanda Ortega
The International Affairs Office informs the program coordinator about the students admitted into the program.
After you are admitted into the Parcero Program you will:
- Be contacted through email by a program coordinator who will match you with your peer mentor (parcero).
- Meet your mentor upon arrival.
The mentor will be responsible for:
- Help new students with arrival matters such as becoming familiar with the University and the city.
- Provide advice and support concerning accommodation.
- Assist with the enrollment or registration process.
- Provide advice and support regarding the issuance of an alien identity card before immigration authorities in Colombia. Visit www.migracioncolombia.gov.co for more detailed information.
- Serve as a continuing contact during the student's time at UdeA and provide guidance regarding any eventuality.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57+4] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57+4] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2018